There are a number of home remedies that can help reduce the appearance of oily skin.
Honey can kill germs and keep wounds from getting worse. It is also a natural humectant, which means that it helps keep the skin’s wetness.
A natural honey face mask might help oily skin look less shiny. To make one:
- Apply a layer of honey on the face.
- Leave for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water to remove the honey.
According to a reviewTrusted Source of several experiments, oatmeal may have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities. The treatment of skin conditions such viral infections, atopic dermatitis, pruritus, and acneiform eruptions may also be helped by it.
The appearance of greasy skin may be diminished by an oatmeal face mask. To make one, combine water and ground oats.
- Prepare a paste by combining 1/2 a cup of ground oats with hot water.
- Let the paste cool to body temperature.
- Massage the paste into the face for around 3 minutes.
- After washing it with warm water, pat the face dry.
You can also make a good face mask by mixing oatmeal with honey or mashed fruit.
A review of clinical studies found that aloe vera has properties that kill germs, reduce inflammation, and heal wounds.
Here’s how to pick an aloe vera plant when it’s ready to use as a home treatment for oily skin:
- cut a few leaves close to the stem
- trim the prickly edges with a knife
- wash and dry the leaves
After cleaning the leaves, one can remove the gel by slicing through the top layer of the leaf with a sharp knife to expose the gel within. The gel can be divided into pieces or blended after being scraped off with a spoon or knife.
A tiny layer of the gel can be applied to the face to use it. You may leave it on all night.
People with sick skin may not want to use aloe vera gel since it could make them allergic. Before using aloe vera gel on their face, a person might want to try it on their forearm. Aloe vera should be safe to use if the user doesn’t have a reaction within 24 to 48 hours.
A common plant oil used in moisturizers and sunscreens is jojoba. It is beneficial in treating a number of skin disorders and has anti-inflammatory qualities.
According to the results of a pilot study, jojoba oil and clay used as a face mask may be used to treat skin lesions and mild acne.
Jojoba oil can be applied directly to clean skin or combined with cream or another oil.
When used as a face scrub, ground almonds are good at treating oily skin. Almond oil may contain anti-hepatotoxic and anti-inflammatory qualities, and it also helps to rejuvenate skin and improve skin tone and appearance. However, almonds should not be used by those who are allergic to nuts.
Make an almond face scrub by following these instructions:
- grind raw almonds to a powder
- mix three tablespoons of the powder with two tablespoons of raw honey
- apply the scrub to the face with gentle, circular motions
- wash off scrub with warm water
- pat skin dry
People sometimes use an egg white face mask to get rid of oily skin, but there is no proof that egg whites close pores.
Most of the time, the white of one egg is enough to make a face mask. To make one:
- mix the white from one egg with the juice of half a lemon
- whisk the mixture until it thickens
- apply the mixture to the face for 10 minutes
- clean face with warm water to remove the mask
- pat face dry
Routines for oily skin on a daily basis
In addition to home remedies, the following daily routines can assist in reducing oily skin:
- Twice a day, wash your face with warm water.
- Using water-based products
- Changing one’s diet to stay away from trans fats and fried foods
- Staying hydrated
- Don’t touch your face at all during the day
- Applying moisturizer daily
- Avoid sleeping with makeup on
Oily skin is a relatively prevalent condition that can be treated with a variety of home remedies. Included among these are honey, jojoba oil, egg white, and kaolin.
Consult a physician or dermatologist if over-the-counter medications and home remedies fail to improve the appearance of oily skin or if